The laws of the state of Oklahoma provide for the licensing of three (3) types of pesticide applicators:
In order to maintain an applicator’s license, an applicator must be recertified every five (5) years. Recertification may be accomplished in two ways:
- Taking and passing an examination.
- Earning a specified number of Board approved Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
It should be noted that:
-One Continuing Education Unit (CEU) will equal about one (1) hour of educational instructions.
-No more than one-half (1/2) of the total CEUs required will be accepted in any one (1) year.
-CEUs must be obtained in at least three (3) of the five (5) year recertification period.
-A CEU may be credited to more than one (1) category if it is approved in that(those) category(s).
-An applicator can not receive additional credit(s) for attending the same meeting twice.
For more information regarding recertification by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture contact:
Oklahoma Dept. of Agriculture, Food & Forestry
Each CEU is $15.00.
The following courses and appropriate CEU credits have been approved by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture.
- Beetles that Attack Wood: Identifying Beetles That Will Reinfest – (7b & 10) 1 CEU
- Beetles that Attack Wood: Identifying Beetles That Will Not Reinfest – (7b & 10) 1 CEU
- The Eastern Subterranean Termite – (7b & 10) 1 CEU
- Environmental Protection – (All) 1 CEU
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Its Role in Pesticide Application – (All) 1 CEU
- Facets of IPM in Field Crops – (1a & 10) 1 CEU
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) – (All) 1 CEU
- Fleas Life Cycle Habits and Control – (3a, 7a, 7b) 1 CEU
- Grasshoppers on Pastures and Rangeland – (1a & 10) 1 CEU
- Greenbug – (1a & 10) 1 CEU NEW!
- Identifying Cockroaches In and Around the Home – (7a, 7d, & 10) 1 CEU
- Insect Pests That Attack Cotton – The Boll Weevil – (1a & 10) 1 CEU
- Insect Pests That Attack Cotton – The Cotton Fleahopper – (1a & 10) 1 CEU
- Know Your Cotton Plant – (1a & 10) 1 CEU
- Life History and Habits of Carpenter Ants – (7b & 10) 1 CEU
- Managing Pesticide Drift – (A, 3a, 1a, 2, 6, & 10) 1 CEU
- Pesticide Applicator Safety – (All) 1 CEU
- Pesticide Families – (1a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 7a, 7b, 7d, 10) 1 CEU
- Principles of IPM in Field Crops – (1a, & 10) 1 CEU
- Principles of Pest Control on Lawn and Turf – (3a & 10) 1 CEU
- Recognition and Control of Some Small Vertebrate Pests Small Mammals – (1a, 3a, 3c, 7a, 10) 1 CEU
- Sorghum Midge – (1a, & 10) 1 CEU NEW!
- Sucking Pests of Ornamental Shrubs – (3a & 10) 1 CEU